- Open WordPress admin panel (e.g www.your_domain.com/wp-admin/) and go Appearance > Themes on admin sidebar and click “Add New” button.
- After that, click Upload Theme link and upload zip package of Akira theme. Once uploading theme is finished, it will install theme automatically.
- Activate theme by click Activate link or go to Appearance > Themes on admin sidebar .
Install plugins via “Begin installing plugins” message.
After installing and activating the theme you will see the message about installing required plugins at the top of the page.
You should click Begin Installing plugins link in order to install needed plugins.
You will be redirected to Install Required Plugins page, here you will find all of the theme required plugins. In order to install these plugins, you just need to check all of them and select install then click apply.
– Below are list of some required plugins for Akira.
- Akira Post Types
- Akira Shortcodes
- Akira Latest Tweets
- Contact Form 7
- Profile Builder
- Slider Revolution
- WordPress Social Login
- MailChimp for WP
2. Second method
Install plugins via WordPress Admin Panel.
You can install some plugins for Akira by navigating Plugins > Add New in admin sidebar. After that, enter plugin name to search plugins you want to install and click “Install Now”.
When installation process is done, you can click Return to Required Plugins Installer and select active then check all plugins to active these plugin.
After finishing plugin install, you need to configure the plugins.
1. Visual Composer
Please install and activate this plugin in order to config Visual Composer settings. If you do not know how to install, please see above section (Plugin installation) and follow instructions.
After installing and activating the Visual Composer, please go to Visual Composer > Role Manager. In the post types field, you should select Custom and check ‘post’ and ‘page’ checkbox . After making the changes, remember to click Save Changes button.
Navigate to Settings > Akira Latest Tweets to access “Twitter API Authentication Settings” page. You need to enter Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, Access token and Access Secret and twitter username in order to get posts from your twitter account.
In order to get Twitter Access keys, you need to create Twitter Application:
- Go to https://dev.twitter.com/apps/new and log in, if necessary.
- Supply the necessary required fields, accept the Terms Of Service, and solve the CAPTCHA. Submit the form by clicking the Create your Twitter Application.
- Go to the API Keys tab and copy the consumer key (API key) and consumer secret from the screen into our application.
3. WP Social Login
Navigate to Settings > WP Social Login to access its settings page. This plugin allow user to login to your site with social account such as Facebook, Twitter and Google plus.
Click WP Social Login for detail guide.
For more detail instructions about demo installation, using shortcodes and widgets in akira, please click in button bellow.